Apple Tarte

Apple Tarte

Sunday, August 29, 2010

What to do with all those peaches

I live in the desert and folks that don't live here would probably not believe that it has been a bumper crop year for peaches. My dear friend, Su, has three ancient trees, with scraggly limbs, falling over with the beautiful fruit. Two weeks ago friends Jan, Annette and I went to Su's and picked about a bushel of peaches. There were so many baskets filled to the brim, we barely had room for ourselves in the car. Here are some pics of our time at Su's farm. I made peach jam from half the peaches and froze the remainder to be used later for peach pie or cobbler and smoothies. I made sure to sprinkle them with a bit of Fruit Fresh (citric acid) so they don't turn brown. Sometime in December I'll take those peaches out, make a luscious pie and day dream about warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment